These tips to softer, smoother lips are simple, but effective.
1. Put on Carmex every night before you go to sleep. If you do this faithfully, you won’t need chapstick during the day.
2. Drink more water! Your lips can chap if your body doesn’t have enough.
3. Exfoliate with sugar. Here’s how: “Moisten lips, apply sugar with your ring finger and move in tiny circles using a light touch (your skin cells are diamond-shaped, so if you just throw it on and wipe lips back and forth it’s not really going to do anything). Wipe clean. APPLY LIP BALM AFTER! (*So* important!) OR gently brush them with a tooth brush and a dab of Vaseline.” (from http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Soft-Lips)
4. Put margarine on your lips. Leave it for 1 minute. Wipe it off with a soft tissue.
5. Don’t lick your lips!! Remember learning about evaporation in science? When you lick your lips, the water evaporates, making your lips drier than before.
6. Put local honey on your lips. It not only keeps them moist; it also makes them look plumper and makes them taste yummy!
Soft Lip Trivia (from http://beauty.about.com/cs/facialskin/a/lip_care.htm):
Did you know that the first lip balm was actually earwax? It worked, but the flavor left something to be desired.
Did you know that women who are habitual lip chewers eat four to nine pounds of lipstick during their life?