Tomorrow (hopefully most of you already know this) is Mother’s Day. For those of you who have yet to find that perfect way of expressing your thanks to mom, here are a few ideas:
1) Flowers – They’re pretty, they smell nice, and they’re an instant decoration. AND, you can get them fairly affordably at local grocery stores such as Schnuck’s or Kroger.
2) Handmade Cards – I’m not talking about one that you have to make by hand. But handmade cards can be found in various places (Hallmark, Target, etc.), and although they’re a bit more pricy than regular ones, they are much nicer and more original. Supplement the card with a note to mom telling her why you appreciate her.
3) Dinner – No mom should have to make dinner on her special holiday! Offer to cook for your mom tomorrow night. It doesn’t have to be something fancy; just find out what she likes to eat and build off of that. Homemade pizza is super easy – buy refrigerated pizza crust dough, a jar of pizza sauce, a bag of cheese, and whatever toppings Mom likes, grab a bag of salad and some dressing and you’ve got a nice little meal. And don’t forget dessert – boxed cake mixes are super easy and very delicious.
4) Mani/Pedi – Does your mom like to pamper herself? This is a great way to give her some relaxation! Buying a gift certificate is one way to do it; however, if you’re short on cash but big on love for mom, you could also offer her an at-home manicure and/or pedicure. Visit the beauty aisle at Target or Wal-Mart and check out their affordable at-home options, pick up a few, and give your mom’s nails a makeover.
5) Cleaning – I know this sounds like no fun at all, but your mom is sure to appreciate it. Wait till Mom goes to bed tonight, and then go crazy! Clean the kitchen counters, sweep and mop the floors, vacuum the living room, dust, scrub the bathtub, sink and toilet (yes, the toilet). When she wakes up the next morning, it will be a gift she won’t soon forget!